Wednesday, August 24, 2011

So, wedding planning is coming along great thanks to the help of lots of family & friends! We spent the weekend cleaning the labels off of jars & making glitter leaves with my 5 year old godchild. Next weekend we won't be taking it so easy that's for sure. My grandparents have a list of things to get accomplished around their house including building a small storage building. 
Anywho, all this work was starting to drive me a little nuts and I missed a few ... alot...  of posts and I'm sorry. I know you all were just dying to hear from me! haha

I had a request from Lynsy about a mask:

 Can u suggest a good homemade facial scrub? Im pregnant and my combination skin is starting to get a tad oilier and a tad drier. Lol

Well here it is Lynsy I hope this helps! 

I think a yogurt & honey mask would work great!  Yogurt contains lactic acid which helps to refine pores, exfoliate the skin, and it's safe to use when pregnant unlike salycilic  acid. The honey is great for adding moisture and leaving your skin soft and smooth. It's probably the most commonly used ingredient in natural skin care! If you have a problem just put some honey on it!

Honey & Yogurt Balancing Scrub

1 teaspoon plain yogurt (full fat)
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons cornmeal (optional)
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice (fresh squeezed)

Mix all ingredients together and apply to face and neck using small circular motions.  Less is more when it comes to scrubbing let the yogurt and lemon juice do the work for you. Over scrubbing can actually do more harm than good to your skin. Let the mask sit for 20 minutes and then rinse thoroughly. 
The cornmeal is for those who like to feel the grit in their scrubs but it's not necessary. You can also use sugar in place of the cornmeal. Both are gentle exfoliants unlike some over the counter scrubs.
The lemon juice in the recipe also exfoliates and helps to brighten the complexion. It's great if you have old scarring from past breakouts or sun damage. And since you're doing lots of 
exfoliating be sure to wear sunscreen! =]
Well I hope this helps Lynsy! I'll be back to my normal routine soon I hope! If anyone ever has any concerns just leave a comment below and I'll get back to you ASAP! =]

Thanks for reading! Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment